For those who know what it’s like to be seated for long periods of time, you may recognise the strain it causes on your body. A kneeling chair is specifically designed to improve your body’s posture and distribute weight more evenly. The chair allows you to sit at an angle where your thighs can rest about 60 to 70 degrees from vertical to make sitting more comfortable for your legs and back. Kneeling chairs are ergonomically designed to reduce pressure on the back and are available in a variety of styles which we have listed in this blog.
Types Of Kneeling Chairs
Complete with a cut out shape to reduce the pain on your coccyx, this chair will keep your lower spine comfortable while encouraging you to sit up straight. It comes with different adjustments and colours to suit each user.
A standard chair providing you with the support you need, this chair is a great purchase for anyone suffering from back pain. It is made with high quality foam and is ideal for in the office or at home.
Of course, memory foam is always a beneficial feature and this chair is perfect for those looking for a little more luxury and comfort.
What’s The Benefit?
One of the biggest advantages of kneeling chairs is their ability to keep your body in a more upright position to make sitting more comfortable. In addition, they can also offer the following benefits:
- Improves posture - kneeling chairs help to keep your back straight while resting your coccyx, lower spine and knees. A better posture also links to many other psychological and physiological benefits.
- Pressure relief on the back and knees - sitting down doesn’t have to be so uncomfortable as your joints can be rested without pressure.
- Coccyx pain relief - a sensitive area for many people, the cut out designs ensure your lower spine is relieved of stress and strain.
- Improves circulation - With a more flexible body, your joints are less stiff from being seated. An improvement in circulation also stems from an improvement in posture.
- Relaxed mode of sitting - whether you’re sitting for a short or a long time, your body can remain relaxed while you concentrate on your tasks.
Even when you’re tired, kneeling chairs make sitting fun. More importantly however, they offer health benefits and help you to remain comfortable while you go about your daily tasks.
For our full selection of kneeling chairs, click here.